We began life as a small Open Christian Brethren group meeting in a ‘not fit for purpose’ building along Broadway. We moved into our present building in 1969, and although our meetings have changed dramatically our heart for following Jesus wholeheartedly has and for the local community and not.
Our church family is made up of folks from Woodbury, Exmouth, and a number of other villages around East Devon. We desire to be a community where we are on a journey of getting to know Jesus better and being changed by him, and we want to bring the light of Jesus and the love of God to East Devon.
The church although originally built in 1851 has since been through a few transformations and was completely refurbished and extended in 2002/3. This has given us level access into the main body of the church and toilet facilities for the disabled. We also have a loop system for those with hearing difficulties.